Carbon’s Amazing Family Race
End of September/Beginning of October
Sponsored by Village of Carbon and Kneehill Regional Family and Community Support Services. Starts at Main Campground with hot dogs and bandana’s! Register Early as space is limited.
Pool aims to open May long weekend, closed September long. Click here for schedule.
Carbon Main & East Campgrounds Open for the Season (closed after Thanksgiving). Click here for site maps, , rates and more!
ANY SKATER 18 YEARS OF AGE OR UNDER MUST WEAR A HELMET
Farmers Exchange Building: Carbon And Area Restoration Society
Seasonal Hours from May to September
Open Tuesday to Saturday 11:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Sunday by appointment. Contact: 1, Bob (403) 823-0026 or Penny (403) 820-2543
The Carbon and Area Restoration Society invites all Carbon and area residents
to visit the museum and learn about one of Canada’s oldest unsolved murder
cases. Admission is Free
CARBON & DISTRICT AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY & CURLING CLUB
Adult Open – Mondays @ 7pm (Membership $50, includes Ag Society Membership)
Juniors – Thursdays @ 7pm (must be 6 yrs or older, $20 per child)
Family – Thursdays @ 8pm
For more information call Brent Lohner, 403-572-3119
Carbon Lions Club Community Events:
Carbon Sports Day: 2nd weekend in June (June 9, 10 and 11 – 2017)
- Community Breakfast (8 – 10 am at Hall)
- Parade starts at 11 am
- Community Garage Sale (starts at 9 am)
- Soccer Tournament (starts at 9 am)
- BBQ Roast Beef Supper (5:00 – 7:00 pm at Hall)
- Dance at hall,
- SLOW PITCH TOURNAMENT (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
Oktoberfest: 3rd Saturday in October (21, 2017)
- Volleyball Tournament Call Dennel to register 403-572-3553
- Breakfast at Hall (8:30 am – 11:00 am); Library fundraiser, cost is by donation
- Nickel Carnival (2:00 – 4:00 pm at Carbon School)
- German Buffet (6:00 – 7:00 pm at Hall) *Menu from 2013 back by popular demand… includes Ribs!
- Adult Cabaret (9:30 pm at hall);
Take a break at the Community Hall – October 31 ~ Hot dogs served by Lions Members
Christmas Light Competition
Every year the Carbon Lions awards prizes to the top three light displays in Carbon and surrounding area (rural participants must register). Judging occurs typically the third week in December, read the December Village newsletter for details.